- A skillful hatchery manager who has started and run successful shrimp hatcheries in Latin America and Asia, Mr Howell is the Director of Special Projects and a Co-owner of IAI.
- Began career in 1973 at Marifarms, Inc.,
a pioneering shrimp farm in Panama City,
- During the 1980's he started and managed
shrimp hatcheries in the USA and Ecuador. He
then joined as a partner in a shrimp farm
and hatchery venture in Guatemala.
- From 1990 to 1994, he served as
larviculture and maturation consultant for
hatcheries in Colombia, and Venezuela.
- From 1994 to 2003, he served as
Laboratory Technical Director of Aquamarina
de la Costa and Technical Director of
Siembrasmarinas shrimp farms in Venezuela.
- In 2003, he joined BTA as Director of
Hatchery Operations, where he managed
primary and secondary quarantine facilities,
broodstock ponds, and the production
At the present time, Chris Howell is a
co-owner of Integrated Aquaculture